1 - GENERAL RULES
Duration: in accordance with that established below, HAIER Europe Trading S.r.l. referred to in the following as “Haier”, offers its customers a warranty validation period when the product has been registered within 28 days of purchase date / or the date of delivery if this is later /or a 12-months warranty without product registration, on the refrigerators, freezers, washing machines, washer dryers, tumble dryers, dishwashers, wine coolers, microwave ovens, hobs, and ovens starting from the product purchase and/or delivery date.
Territory: This warranty is valid only for services under the warranty provided in UK and Republic of Irelandand only concerns HAIER brand products marketed by Haier in the UK.
Validity: The receipt and/or purchase invoice and/or transport documents relevant to delivery of the product to the customer are the only documents giving the right to the services under this warranty and must be produced, together with the completed original Haier warranty card unless registered with Haier, when requesting the service. Haier reserves the right not to fulfil the obligations under this warranty if the information or data on the purchase and/or product delivery documents has been altered or erased after purchase by the customer or is missing at the time of requesting the service.
2 – LIMITATIONS
Haier is not responsible for any service costs due to the following reasons below. The cost of labour and parts for the intervention may be charged to the customer by the Haier Authorized Service Centre:
- Failure to comply with periodical checks or maintenance, including cleaning of filters/pump (instructions are found in user manual supplied) and/or service on consumable parts like rubber seals, charcoal or anti-grease filters etc.
- Faults due to customer misuse and/or improper use and/or not respecting that stated in the user manual accompanying the product at the time of sale, or due to lightning or other weather phenomena, over/under voltage and over current or insufficient or irregular electric power supply, inadequate ventilation, incorrect use or non-compliance with the technical and/or safety requirements in the country where the appliance is used. Haier will not be responsible to compensate any damage caused by such products.
- Faults due to product installation not complying with that stated in the installation requirements stated in the user manual accompanying the product
- Faults caused by operations or modifications to the product carried out by person unauthorised by Haier, and compensation for any damage caused by such products.
- From work to be done with ladders, trucks, scaffolding or other lifting systems or equipment.
- Accidental damage or damage resulting from loss, improper user, or non-use of the product, damage caused by loss of information, stored by the customer in any form, or for loss of food due to failure of the refrigeration system.
- New products found damaged on un-packing and is damaged due to transport or other reason, for example scratches or dents and accessories such as shelves, egg boxes, bottle racks, lamps, that are missing or received damaged, must be claimed within 7 days from customer’s purchase date by contacting the Haier Authorized Service Centre.
- Any No Fault Found (NFF)
- Failure to follow the Haier Authorized Service Centreadvise to the customer on how to operate and maintain the product (instructions are also found in user manual supplied)
For products used in a Commercial environment including offices, or any other non-domestic use, Haier provides a 6 months warranty which should also be registered.
3 - CONDITIONS OFFERED AND PROCEDURE FOR ACTIVATING THE ASSISTANCE SERVICE
Customers having one of these products with a technical problem or fault (except for new products, found damaged on opening the packing - refer to section 4) should contact the relevant Haier Authorized Service Centre depending on the retailer the product was purchased from by calling the telephone number listed on our Service pages.
The Haier Authorized Service Centre’s engineer will go to the customer's home to repair the product. Whenever the repair cannot be carried out at the customer's home, the Haier Authorized Service Centre will arrange to have the faulty product collected from the customer and returned after repair, using its own vehicles or a carrier having arrangements with Haier (refer to the limitations in section 2).
The Haier Authorized Service Centre will appraise the solution to be adopted according to the extent of the product defect.
If the product has a serious defect where the cost of repair borne by Haier approaches the value of a new product, the Authorized Service Centre, will advise Haier, Haier will then decide if they will replace the entire product. If this is agreed, Haier will then issue a return authorisation number to the customer, the customer then advises the retailer of this number to activate the exchange process.
Products or parts that are identical or have the same characteristics may be used for replacement.
The service for the customer is entirely free if the product is found to be faulty.
If the product is not found to be faulty, the costs of labour for the intervention, collection at the customer's home and possible product transport costs can be charged to the customer by the Haier Authorized Service Centre.
4 - NEW PRODUCTS FOUND DAMAGED ON OPENING THE PACKING
New products that, when first opening the original Haier package, the customer finds that the product has been damaged during transport or has parts missing must not be installed or used. (refer to the limitations in section 2). For the management of these cases, thecustomer must contact the retailer who, depending on the case, will provide the customer with the most appropriate solution, in agreement with Haier.