Goa, 18 February 2014: Haier, the global leaders in Home Appliances & Consumer Electronics and the Number 1 Global Major Appliances Brand for the 5th Consecutive Year*, commemorates their 10 years completion in India this year. Haier, which has always been synonymous with innovation and inspiration, introduced their unique ‘i-age’ line of products, inspired by the Internet age. This is a revolutionary step taken by Haier to offer products for the Internet generation who believe in pace, imagination, intelligence and path-breaking innovations.
In the past ten years, Haier has understood the mindsets of Indian consumers elucidating that India as a nation has intelligent minds in abundance and all they need is intelligent products that offer the most innovative solutions. Spread across 7 categories (Air Conditioners, Refrigerators, Washing machine, Deep freezers, Wine Cellars, Panels and Water Heater) a total of 73 unique ‘i-age’ products have been introduced this year, which marks the beginning of a future, clearly led by the ‘i’- ‘i’ connoting individual, innovation, inspiration, internet, India, and intelligence that amalgamates to ‘i-Win’.
From the stable of 73 ‘i-age’ products, the star products with path-breaking technology and innovation are-
• i-fresh: the 728 litre capacity refrigerator pitted as the planet’s best Refrigerator, named Pristine.
• i-smart: the 84 inch internet-enabled android based LED Television.
• i-cool: the smart Air-Conditioner that can be controlled through an app on android smartphones.
• i-shine: the front loading Washing Machine named Crystal’.
Mr. Song Yujun, Managing Director, Haier India said, “After ten years of dedication, innovation and excellence in India, I believe that the journey for Haier has just begun. In a rising market like India, it is very heartening to experience the commendable growth that Haier has achieved over the last decade. With the new range of ‘i-age’ line of products, consumers will experience products that are purely inspired by the Internet age and designed keeping in mind the contemporary and luxurious lifestyle of Indian consumers. The ‘i-age’ products empower individuals by giving them the power to control their surroundings with cutting-edge technology”
Mr. Eric Braganza, President, Haier India commented, “We are really happy with the kind of progress that we have made in the last decade in the country. It is really heartening to see that the brand has grown by almost 25% in the fiscal, thus maintaining a healthy growth rate irrespective of the market scenario. The turnover was around INR 1503 Crores in 2013, and we wish to continue with the good work and take the brand a notch higher in the Indian market. The new ‘i-age’ product line was designed keeping in mind the needs of today’s tech-savvy Indians, and we believe that this will definitely help us carve a niche for ourselves in the Indian consumer durables market.”
Celebrating its tenth year in India, some of the key Milestones of Haier India is,
• Haier is the worlds Number 1 Global Major Appliances Brand for the 5th consecutive year, as per Euromonitor.
• Haier is also world’s no.1 brand in Refrigeration appliances and Home Laundry appliances.
• It was the first consumer durable brand to introduce Bottom Mounted Refrigerators.
• With the ‘Jhukna Mat’ campaign, Haier introduced their innovative concept of a flexible compartment in the middle of a refrigerator that could be used as a freezer or a refrigerator on the touch of a button.
• In 2007, Haier acquired 40 acre manufacturing facility at Ranjangoan, Pune. The high-tech plant has capabilities to indigenously manufacture Refrigerators, CTVs and Washing Machines
• Haier introduced its revolutionary NZP technology in their washing machines, that addressed the challenges of Indian households with near zero water pressures
• Haier was the first to introduce LCDs with motion gaming.
• Haier introduced Air Conditioners that save an unheard- 51% of electricity
• Haier introduced the first remote controlled Water Heaters
• Haier’s ‘Aquatunes’ water heater marked the launch of a ‘ never heard about’ concept of Water Heaters with music function.
• Haier introduced the very classy wine cellars with humidity control and cellular foaming thus making inroads into the Indian households
• In 2010, the 'You Inspire Us' campaign was introduced with John Abraham as its brand ambassador.
• In 2011, The Brand Research Advisory ranked Haier as the Top 20 Most Trusted Brands out of a study of more than 16,000 brands.
• In 2013 Haier launched an array of 79 new products. The same year Haier was awarded the Frost & Sullivan Product Differentiation Excellence Award (in Consumer Electronics Market)
• Haier is the first organization in the Indian consumer durables industry to adopt service process systems (SPI) model, which seamlessly integrates all the service process functions for an enhanced consumer delight through simplifying the processes at different stages of the service process.
• 2014 is Haier’s 10th successful year in India, which also marks its entry into the new Internet age with the revolutionary ‘i-age’ product line.
About Haier India
Haier India is a 100 percent subsidiary of Haier Group, which is one of the fastest growing consumer durables companies in the world. Haier is world’s no. 1 brand of Major Appliances* for the 5th consecutive year, as per Euromonitor. Haier is also world’s no.1 brand in Refrigeration appliances and Home Laundry appliances. The company initiated its commercial operations in January 2004. It offers a wide range of products in all of 7 categories like Panels (LED/LCD TV’s), Water Heaters, Refrigerators, Wine Cellars, Washing Machines, Water Heaters and Deep Freezers. Every Haier product stemmed from innovation and technology and has been inspired and designed keeping the day-to-day customer needs in mind. Haier has its manufacturing facility at Ranjangaon in Pune district of Maharashtra, which has capability to manufacture Refrigerators, CTVs and Washing Machines. Haier is upgrading the new facility with state-of-the-art equipment' to create a Research & Development facility for refrigerators.
About Haier Group
The Haier group was set up in 1984 in Qingdao, China. In just over two decades as per Euromonitor Statistics of 2003, Haier was ranked as the 2nd largest Home Appliances brand in the world. According to Euromonitor statistics of 2008, Haier branded Refrigerators have been ranked as number 1 worldwide. The group has emerged as a top multinational, manufacturing a wide range of home appliances and consumer electronics products with 15 Industrial Parks globally including USA, Europe, Middle East, Africa, and South Asia other than its robust presence in China. The company has its marketing and sales network in 168 countries around the world, and in 2008, the group turnover aggregated US$ 20.7 billion. The product range comprises of over 15,100 models in 96 categories. Continuous innovation is the soul of Haier’s corporate culture. Haier has been widely recognized as a leader of nine products in terms of domestic market shares and the 3rd player of three products in the world market and world-class company in the fields of home integration, network appliances, digital and large scale integrated circuits and new materials. Haier has long attached significance to innovation in satisfying the demands of worldwide consumers and realizing win-win performance between Haier and clients. Haier has currently obtained more than 7,000 patented technology certificates and 589 software intellectual property rights. Haier has hosted and taken part in modification of about 100 technological standards. Haier technology of safe care water heaters and dual drive washing machines has been proposed to the IEC Criteria.
For more information, please contact:
Sulakshana Mehrotra |Sulakshana.email@example.com | 9810122728
Mriga Arora |firstname.lastname@example.org |9899605473