· 1984 - Qingdao Refrigerator General Factory, Haier's predecessor entity, is established.
· 1989 - Qingdao Refrigerator Co., Ltd. is incorporated following the reorganisation of Qingdao Refrigerator General Factory.
· 1993 - The Company changes its name to Qingdao Haier Refrigerator Co., Ltd. and is listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
· 2001 - The Company changes its name to Qingdao Haier Co., Ltd. after acquiring 99.95% of the air-conditioner business from Haier Group.
· 2004 - Haier becomes the only Chinese brand listed in the World's 100 Most Influential Brands by World Brand Lab.
· 2008 - Qingdao Haier acquires a 20.1% interest in Haier Electronics.
· 2010 - Qingdao Haier starts two transitions: (i) from a traditional business model to the Rendanheyi Win-Win Model; and (ii) from a traditional manufacturer to a usercentric service provider. The latter transition is represented by the Haier Group's consolidation of the logistics business into one of Haier's subsidiaries. Qingdao Haier acquires a controlling interest in Haier Electronics, a Company listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, acquiring an offshore financing platform to support its further development.
· 2011 - Haier becomes the top selling household appliances company in the world in terms of total global retail volume, achieving a global market share of 8.3%, according to Euromonitor. This was the first time a Chinese household appliance manufacturer achieved such a ranking. Global sales of Haier's refrigerators and washing machines also ranked first in the world in terms of total global retail volume, with a global market share of 15.9% and 11.7%, respectively, according to Euromonitor.
· 2013 - Qingdao Haier's first interconnected factory commences operations. Haier and Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P. ("KKR"), a leading global investment firm, announce the signing of a definitive agreement pursuant to which KKR acquires a 10 % stake in Qingdao Haier, establishing a long-term strategic partnership.
· 2015 - Qingdao Haier enters into a trust agreement with Haier Group, whereby assets held in Fisher & Paykel Appliances Holdings Limited were entrusted to Haier for operation and management. Qingdao Haier acquired Haier Group's overseas white goods business,including SANYO Electric's Japanese and South East Asian white goods businesses, thereby significantly expanding its global foot print. Qingdao Haier launches COSMOPlat, an industrial internet platform facilitating mass customisation and intelligent manufac turing. Haier acquires a minority interest in Mitsubishi Electric. Qingdao Haier acquires overseas white household appliances assets from Haier Group, including 26 operating companies and two holding companies
· 2016 - Qingdao Haier completes its acquisition of General Electric's appliances business.
· 2018 - Qingdao Haier enters into a share purchase agreement to acquire all shares of the holding Company of Fisher & Paykel from Haier Group.
· 2019 - Qingdao Haier wholly acquired Candy company of Italy.
· 2019 - Qingdao Haier officially changed its name into “Haier Smart Home”.