Haier continues to extend its global brand market share to 8.6%, gaining the top spot in Euromonitor’s Global Major Appliances 2012 Brand rankings for the fourth consecutive year
According to the report from Euromonitor International the world's leading provider of business intelligence on consumer markets, Haier has retained its leading position in several product categories:
* Haier is the number one brand of Refrigeration Appliances in the world with 14.8% retail volume share in 2012, up 1.1 points from 2011.
* Haier is the number one manufacturer of Refrigeration Appliances in the world with 16.6% retail volume share in 2012, up 0.1 points from 2011.
* Haier is the number one brand of Freezers in the world with 18.6% retail volume share in 2012, up 1.9 points from 2011.
* Haier is the number one manufacturer of Freezers in the world with 18.8% retail volume share in 2012, up 2 points from 2011.
Home Laundry Appliances:
* Haier is the number one brand of Home Laundry in the world with 11.8% retail volume share in 2012, up 0.9 points from 2011.
* Haier is the number one manufacturer of Home Laundry in the world with 12.2% retail volume share in 2012.
Wine Coolers / Chillers:
* Haier is the number one brand, as well as the number one manufacturer of Electrical Wine Coolers / Chillers in the world with 15.3% retail volume share in 2012.
With an increase of 0.8 points compared to 2011 Haier has again achieved the number one position in Euromonitor’s ranking of Major Appliances brands. This growth clearly indicates consumer confidence in the brand. With industrial parks and R&D centres around the world, Haier is well positioned to adapt its products to meet the demands of local markets. The brand is therefore able to develop wide ranges of increasingly innovative products with great added value.
René Aubertin, CEO of Haier Europe, commented: “This year, we have successfully pursued our geographical expansion strategy and made significant investments in R&D in Europe. Being close to local markets gives use the ability to develop and offer products that are adapted to European consumers. In 2013 we look forward to the launch of more innovative products.”
About Euromonitor International Limited:
Euromonitor International Limited, founded in the UK in 1972, is the world's leading independent provider of business intelligence on industries, countries and consumers. The Global Major Appliances Brands 2012 rankings are based on 2012 data from trade sources and national statistics.
The Haier Group is the world’s No. 1 Major Appliances brand with a 8.6% retail volume share in 2012 (Source: Euromonitor International Limited; retail volume sales in units based on 2012 data). With its commitment to quality and innovation, Haier brings the inspired living experience to consumers in over 100 countries worldwide. With global headquarters based in the Chinese city of Qingdao and regional headquarters in both Paris and New York to serve its clients in Europe and America, Haier has 61 trading companies, 24 manufacturing plants, and 21 industrial parks with 80,000 employees worldwide. Haier both pursues excellence in innovation through its five R&D centres and ensures its products are adapted to the tastes and needs of its consumers in its various local markets. Haier specialises in technology-driven research, manufacturing and trading a large range of durable products. In Europe, these include: televisions, refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, consumer electronics and energy saving home solutions.
Haier’s global revenue in 2011 was 23.3 billion USD. Haier Electronics Group Co., Ltd. (HKG: 1169), a subsidiary of the Haier Group, is listed on the Main Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong. Qingdao Haier Co. (SHA: 600690), also a Haier subsidiary, is listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.