2 September 2011
IFA / Hall 3.2 - Stand 134
At the IFA trade show, Haier, the world’s number one Major Appliances brand (source: Euromonitor International Limited; retail volume sales in units based on 2010 data), and an increasingly major player in the televisions sector, will be presenting two new series of LED televisions. Ultra thin and with a contemporary design, the two ranges are both Net@TV compatible.
The A500 – a modern and discreet 100Hz Net@TV LED TV
The A500 series, which uses Edge LED backlighting technology, offers richly coloured images, striking contrast levels (MegaContrast) and deep blacks. Combined with the new Haier Real 100Hz technology, each moving image is retransmitted with excellent fluidity. The display frequency of each image is doubled compared with a conventional TV and movements are also interposed for a smooth, more comfortable viewing experience.
The A500 series, available in 81cm (32 inch), 106cm (42 inch), will be launched at the start of 2012.
The A700 series – a 200Hz Net@TV LED TV with a frame so thin it will fit into any interior space
- Net@TV and cutting edge technologies
For perfect image quality, this TV uses Edge LED technology, providing richly coloured images, with striking contrast levels (MegaContrast) and deep blacks. Combined with the new Haier F2R 200Hz technology (Fast Refresh Rate), each moving image is retransmitted with perfect fluidity. The image refresh rate is 4 times quicker than a conventional TV and movements are interposed to provide a smooth viewing experience, even during action scenes or sports programmes.
Its 15mm ultra thin frame means this TV has a larger screen size, without increasing its overall dimensions. More discreet, the TV blends in better with your interior, particularly because its chrome foot makes it a truly decorative object.
The A700 series, available in 81cm (32 inch), 106cm (42 inch) and 121cm (48 inch), will be launched at the start of 2012.
Features common to both new series
- Haier Net@TV, the Internet ready TV
Thanks to Haier Net@TV compatibility, there is a whole world of applications, VOD and other Internet content available for you to access. Connect your screen to the Internet using the Wi-Fi dongle supplied with the product and immediately make the most of a range of Internet services to be found on the Haier Apps services platform. You can also migrate all multimedia content from your PC onto your TV using DLNA. You navigate around content very simply using your TV’s remote control.
- New energy saving functions
Both these new models are environmentally friendly with LED backlighting, using 40% less energy than a classic LCD TV with CCFL backlighting.
But Haier is going even further thanks to the development of 3 technologies:
- A switch on the rear of the TV ensures that no energy is wasted. When the television is not being viewed the energy consumption is absolutely minimal - even up to 30 times less than when in standby mode (0.01W).
- Thanks to the integrated light sensor, the screen’s luminosity automatically adapts to the ambient lighting level, therefore reducing consumption during the evening when lighting levels are naturally lower.
- Its intelligent economic mode is capable of detecting a human presence in front of the screen. When the last viewer leaves the room, the screen reduces in luminosity. If nobody re-enters the room for 30 minutes, the screen switches off completely. Imagine the potential energy savings!
- Digital Triple Tuner and SRS sound
Compatible with all types of digital signal thanks to their triple terrestrial, cable and satellite tuner, you will now be able to make the most of all digital quality programmes, without requiring an external decoder and using a single remote control.
Sound quality has not been forgotten – thanks to SRS technology, and because the sound is so crystal clear, you can now make the most of surround sound effects without having to connect to additional speakers.