Mumbai, Maharastra-02 April 2014: Haier, the world number one in Home Appliances, Consumer Electronics and Major Appliances Brand for the 5th Consecutive Year*,commemorates the completion of 10 years in India this year. In Mumbai today, Haier India exclusively showcased their lineup of innovative products across all product categories including the newly launched line-up of i-age products.
Haier, which has always been synonymous with innovation and inspiration, has made deep in-roads into the exclusively internet driven consumer durable products with the launch of the i-Age line-up of products. The new line-up of products is meant specifically for the Internet generation who believe in pace, imagination, intelligence and path-breaking innovations.
Mr. Eric Braganza, President, Haier India commented “Mumbai continues to be one of our most productive markets. The cosmopolitan nature of the city makes it all the more important for us. It is really heartening to see that the while the brand has grown by almost 25% in the last fiscal, Mumbai’s market has gone up by almost 70%. We wish to take the success further.”
The Mumbai market has always been a strategic market for Haier India and has contributed significantly to the rise of the brand and its revenues in the past. Haier India grew by a massive 70% in the 1st quarter of 2014 in the Mumbai region as compared to Q1 of last year. Haier aims at achieving the target of a growth in the revenue by 60% by the end of this year in Mumbai.
The past 10 years of Haier India have been well-spent in understanding the mindsets of Indian consumers and the Indian household. A city like Mumbai which houses millions of such households has been of prime focus for the brand. Such markets have contributed heavily to the success of the brand in the past decade in the country. The 71 new revolutionary products are spread across all 7 product categories (Air Conditioners, refrigerators, washing machine, deep freezers, wine cellars, panels and water heater). This marks the beginning of a future, clearly led by the ‘i’- ‘i’ connoting innovation, inspiration, intelligence internet and individualsof India.
From the stable of 71‘i-age’ products, the starproducts with path-breaking technology and innovation are-
• i-fresh: the 728 litre capacity refrigerator pitted as the planet’s best Refrigerator, named Pristine is a 728-ltr capacity refrigerator with world’s widest freestanding refrigeration space. With enormous amount of patented technologies and cutting-edge technology, the refrigerator can even think for you as a freshness keeping assistance. The product comes with a man-machine interactive control panel & an intelligent human body induction, which is a smart control system that has 16 sensors, which imitate nerve cells of human beings to form intelligent fresh keeping system. The refrigerator also has independent temperature control drawers from -5 to 3 degree, flexible frequency and inverter tech for energy saving and low noise. Pristine is priced at INR 3.99 lakh.
• i-smart:the 84inchinternet-enabledandroidbasedLEDTelevision.The4k technology (4,000pixels)driven3D television comeswithapremiumresolution(1931.4x77x1134mm)giving itsconsumersaworld classviewingexperience withincredibleclarity.Thisultraslimbezelwith superwooferandstereospeakermakesit asoneofthemost advancedpanelsfromtheHaier stable.TheLED ispriced at INR 10Lakhs.
• i-cool:thesmartAir-Conditionerthatcanbecontrolledthroughanapponandroid smartphones.TheWi-fienabledairconditioner,with3Dairflowand40feetairthrowis availableintwocolorsblackandred.Theair-conditionerispricedbetweenINR48,000to INR 61,000/-.
• i-shine:thefrontloadingWashingMachinenamedCrystal’.Itisauniquemachine, which has Smart DirectDrive Motor,Smart Dosing,Smart Dualspray,Smart WaterHardness Detectingand anin-built Anti-Bacterialtreatment whichmakes washing easy and hygienic. Crystal ispriced at INR 68,990/-.
Haier India would also aim to grow at a brisk pace with the execution of the SPI or Service Process Innovation which streamlines the sales and after-sales services to give a wholesome experience to the consumers
Celebrating its tenth year in India, some of the key Milestones of Haier India are,
• Haier is the worlds Number 1 Global Major Appliances Brand for the 5th consecutive year, as per Euromonitor.
• Haier is also world’s no.1 brand in Refrigeration appliances, Home Laundry appliances, Freezer and Wine Chillers.
• It was the first consumer durable brand to introduce Bottom Mounted Refrigerators way back in 2006 and endorsed the emotion of ‘Jhukna Mat’ through its campaigns to promote the product.
• Haier introduced the very classy wine cellars with humidity control and cellular foaming thus making inroads into the Indian households
• In 2007, Haier acquired 40 acre manufacturing facility at Ranjangoan, Pune. The high-tech plant has capabilities to indigenously manufacture Refrigerators, CTVs and Washing Machines
• In 2008, Haier rolled out new TV commercials for BMR and Digital DC Inverter AC
• In 2009, Haier doubled its refrigerator manufacturing capacity, in India.
• Introduced its new range of Water Heaters with patented Safe care technology for a shockproof bath
• Haier associated with Gladrags for Haier Gladrags Mrs. India contest in 2009 and 2010
• In 2010, Haier launched a nationwide brand campaign ‘You Inspire Us’
• Signed Bollywood Heartthrob John Abraham as its brand ambassador in India
• Introduced its revolutionary NZP technology in their washing machines, that addressed the challenges of Indian households with near zero water pressures
• Haier was the first to introduce LCDs with motion gaming in 2010.
• In 2011 Haier was ranked 19th most trusted brand amongst 16000 brands studied by Trust research advisory and 4th in the consumer durables industry
• In 2012 Haier launched the 3rd version of ‘Jhukna Mat’ campaign to promote its new range of BMRs in India
• Haier introduced the first remote controlled Water Heaters
• In 2013, Haier launched an array of 79 new products in a single day
• Haier introduced yet another innovative concept of smart convertible space in its 3 Door Refrigerators, the compartment could be used as a freezer or a refrigerator at the touch of a button
• Haier’s ‘Aquatunes’ water heater marked the launch of a ‘never heard about’ concept of Water Heaters with music function
• Haier was awarded the Frost & Sullivan Product Differentiation Excellence Award (in Consumer Electronics Market) in 2013
• Haier is among the first organizations in the Indian consumer durables industry to adopt service process systems (SPI) model, which seamlessly integrates all the service process functions for an enhanced consumer delight through simplifying the procedure at different stages of the service process.
• 2014 is Haier’s 10th successful year in India, which also marks its entry into the new Internet age with the revolutionary ‘i-age’ product line.
About Haier India
Haier India is a 100 percent subsidiary of Haier Group, which is one of the fastest growing consumer durables companies in the world. Haier is world’s no. 1 brand of Major Appliances* for the 5th consecutive year, as per Euromonitor. Haier is also world’s no.1 brand in Refrigeration appliances,Home Laundry appliances, Freezer and Wine Chillers. The company initiated its commercial operations in January 2004. It offers a wide range of products in all of 7 categories like Panels (LED/LCD TV’s), Water Heaters, Refrigerators, Wine Cellars, Washing Machines, Water Heaters and Deep Freezers. Every Haier product stemmed from innovation and technology and has been inspired and designed keeping the day-to-day customer needs in mind. Haier has its manufacturing facility at Ranjangaon in Pune district of Maharashtra, which has capability to manufacture Refrigerators, CTVs and Washing Machines. Haier is upgrading the new facility with state-of-the-art equipment' to create a Research & Development facility for refrigerators. Haier is known for introducing innovative products in the country and is best remembered for its revolutionary Bottom Mount Refrigerators, launched for the first time in India followed by the patented Double Drive technology in Washing Machines. LCDs with motion gaming technology, Washing machines with NZP (Near Zero Pressure) technology, 3 door refrigerators with smart convertible space, Water heaters with music functions are examples of continuous innovation at Haier for the Indian market.
About Haier Group
The Haier group was set up in 1984 in Qingdao, China. In just over two decades as per Euromonitor Statistics of 2003, Haier was ranked as the 2nd largest Home Appliances brand in the world. According to Euromonitor statistics of 2008, Haier branded Refrigerators have been ranked as number 1 worldwide. The group has emerged as a top multinational, manufacturing a wide range of home appliances and consumer electronics products with 15 Industrial Parks globally including USA, Europe, Middle East, Africa, and South Asia other than its robust presence in China. Haier’s revenues have shot up fourfold since 2000 with an annual Group turnover of 180.3 billion yuan, US $ 29.5 billion. Haier has 24 industrial parks, 5 R&D centers, 66 trading companies, 143330 sales outlets and more than 70,000 employees around the world.The product range comprises of over 15,100 models in 96 categories. Continuous innovation is the soul of Haier’s corporate culture. Haier has been widely recognized as a leader of nine products in terms of domestic market shares and the 3rd player of three products in the world market and world-class company in the fields of home integration, network appliances, digital and large scale integrated circuits and new materials. Haier has long attached significance to innovation in satisfying the demands of worldwide consumers and realizing win-win performance between Haier and clients. Haier has currently obtained more than 7,000 patented technology certificates and 589 software intellectual property rights. Haier has hosted and taken part in modification of about 100 technological standards. Haier technology of safe care water heaters and dual drive washing machines has been proposed to the IEC Criteria.
For more information, please contact:
Mriga Arora |email@example.com